PADI Underwater Navigation Diver
Be the diver everyone wants to follow. Make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigation Diver course.
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! Everyone's enjoying the reef, they're having a great time - until it's time to go. Then everyone turns to you.
The PADI Underwater Navigation Diver course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you're going.
If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way!
What will I do?
Underwater navigation can be challenging. During the PADI Underwater Navigation Diver course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
During three dives, you'll practice:
- At least three navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation - use of straight-line bearings and reciprocal bearings, both with and without a map
- How to mark or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- Dive site relocation
- Techniques for estimating distance underwater
What scuba gear will I use?
Besides your basic scuba equipment, you'll need a compass and underwater slate. Your PADI Instructor may suggest other gear to help you stay oriented. This could be marker buoys or lines and reels.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 10 years old, you can enrol in the PADI Underwater Navigation Diver course.
You will also be required to complete:
Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking these forms.
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
Please note: you will not be able to take part in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Underwater Navigation Diver course, including eLearning and open water dives.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the open water dives only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.