PADI Tec Trimix
Ready for the outer edge of technical diving? The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course takes experienced tec divers and turns them into extreme divers who go deeper and visit pristine sites where few others will ever go.
During the course, you’ll make dives as deep as 90 metres/300 feet. However, once you earn this tough certification, there are few limits. Your training teaches you to build experience gradually and you do it because you’ve made it this far and have more exploring to do.
What will I do?
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers who are already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres/165 feet. Diving with trimix is the outer edge of tec diving – the maximum depth for using this technology has yet to be defined.
This course is for Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 Divers, or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organisation. The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
What will I do?
In this course you will learn to:
- Plan and execute at least 3 simulated and five actual trimix decompression dives using various gas blends
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 90 metres/245 feet
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course also emphasizes mission application:
- Gas selection options, especially deco gases
- Bubble models and deep stops
- Using multigas trimix computers
- Handling up to four stage/deco cylinders
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To enroll in the Tec Trimix Diver course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 50 Diver or a Tec Trimix 65 Diver
- Have a minimum of 150 logged dives
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organisations may apply – ask your Tec Trimix Instructor.
How do I start?The Tec Trimix Diver Crew-Pak includes all required materials, including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate.
Topics covered include:
- Trimix diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Argon inflation systems
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Face masks and multi-gas computers
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.