Haven't been diving lately and want a quick scuba refresher? The PADI ReActivate program is the perfect way to update your dive skills and knowledge from the PADI Open Water Diver Course before jumping back into the water. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics, we are here to help.
This program is personalised for you. First, you conveniently review scuba concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer. We then take you diving with a PADI Professional. It's quick and easy, and a good way to prepare for your next PADI Course or your upcoming holiday. Furthermore, divers who complete both the knowledge and in-water skill refresher receive a replacement certification card with a date on it.
Why should I do this course?
Any PADI certified diver who wants a refresher or pre-travel update should ReActivate. Dive shops appreciate seeing a recent ReActivate date on your certification card because it means you're ready to dive in.
The PADI ReActivate is ideal for:
- PADI Open Water Diver Referral students wanting a refresher prior to making their open water training dives
- PADI Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- Divers who just haven't scuba dived in a while and want to get acclimatised again
What will I do?
The PADI ReActivate program includes digital course materials which will refresh the fundamental scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training. This will include safe diving practices, dive planning fundamentals, problem management, breathing air at depth, recreational diving, and dive tables: basic knowledge and dive planning. This is completed in your own time prior to the course, then reviewed with your instructor at the dive centre before you dive. During this time you will also have time to practice assembling and disassembling your dive gear.
You will then complete a skills refresher dive in our 5.5m olympic diving pool with your instructor (Thursday nights). This will cover the basics of mask clearing, low air and out of air emergency drills, buoyancy and trim skills and propulsion techniques. If you are a PADI Drysuit diver, you may choose to do this session in a drysuit.
To receive a replacement certification card with ReActivate on it, you must:
- Complete the PADI ReActivate knowledge review
- Complete PADI ReActivate water skills dive
What scuba gear will I use?
As a certified diver, we assume you will already own the basic dive gear of mask, snorkel, and fins. If you don't already own this, our friendly staff will help you select gear that's right for you. Scuba Leeds will provide all your core scuba diving equipment during your course including:
- Buoyancy Device (BCD or Single Tank Wing)
- Regulator (Standard or Long Hose Style)
- Scuba Cylinder (12ltr or 15ltr Tall)
- Integrated Weight System & Weights (As needed)
We offer the option for you to complete the PADI ReActivate in a drysuit. This option is only available to divers who have obtained the PADI Drysuit Certification.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To enrol on the PADI ReActivate program, you must be:
- 10 years old or older
- You must be certified as a PADI (Junior) Scuba Diver
You will also be required to complete:
- Medical Statement (please ensure you are fit to dive by checking this form)
- Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding
- Release of Liability/Assumption of Risk/Non-agency Acknowledgement Form Certified Diver Experience Programs
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
Please note: you will not be able to participate in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
How do I start?
Complete your purchase online in order to sign up for the course and get ReActivate Touch or ReActivate Online. We will then get in touch to confirm your date for the pool and send you across a few more details for this.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI ReActivate, including eLearning and pool dive.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the pool dive only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
What can I do next?
The PADI ReActivate can be completed in conjunction with the PADI Drysuit Diver and PADI Nitrox Diver courses. If you want to continue to scuba dive in the UK and plan on renting cold water scuba equipment, including a drysuit, you will require a PADI Drysuit Diver certification. Get in touch if you have any questions about any of the above courses.
Want us to send you more info about the course?
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.