PADI Equipment Specialist
Become a PADI Equipment Specialist and don't miss a dive due to a scuba gear issue. Whether it's a blown o-ring, regulator problem, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap. You can learn how to manage basic scuba equipment adjustments.
The PADI Equipment Specialist will prepare you for the basic scuba equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you'll encounter every day. In addition, you'll learn interesting background information about how your gear works, how it's repaired and other information that helps you with your equipment investment.
Why should I do this course?
The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more
- Comfortable you are with it
- Performance you get from it
- You can care for it
What will I do?
You'll learn about routine care and maintenance procedures as well as scuba equipment storage recommendations. Your instructor will show you how to overcome some common equipment problems and offer equipment configuration suggestions. You may even get to jump into the water to try new or unfamiliar equipment.
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment.
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage.
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures).
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment).
What scuba gear will I use?
Your PADI Instructor may ask you to bring your basic scuba equipment to class, but will also have examples of other dive gear for you to work with during training.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To qualify for the Equipment Specialist course, you must be:
- Certified as a PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver or have qualifying certifications from another training organisation.
- 10 years old or older.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Equipment Specialist course, including eLearning and practical session.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the practical session only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.