PADI Digital Underwater Photography
The PADI Digital Underwater Photography course is one of the most popular diving specialties. The rise of digital underwater photography has made it easier and more fun than ever.
This fantastic course provides a great way to relive the adventures you've had, plus allows you to capture images to share with your friends and family. The courses also allows you to get the most out of your photography by considering and optimising your more advanced techniques, such as exposures, composition, white balancing, and more.
Not got your own camera yet? Check out our range of Underwater Cameras.
What will I do?
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your PADI Professional, you'll discover:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
- The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
- The three primary principles for good underwater photos.
- Basic photography tips Strobe diagrams for a variety of effect.
- Tips for eliminating backscatter.
- An explanation of the various digital file formats.
- How to bring back the colour in your images
What scuba gear will I use?
During the course you will use all the basic dive gear you use during normal dives. You will also need a digital underwater camera and a computer, tablet or smart phone to download and review your stills and video with your instructor. Your instructor may suggest additional equipment and accessories depending on your camera system. Visit us at Scuba Leeds to get advice about everything you need for your underwater photography adventures.
What are the prerequisites for this course?To enrol in a PADI Digital Underwater Imaging Course, youmust be:
- 10 years old or older
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
You will also be required to complete:
Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking these forms.
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
Please note: you will not be able to take part in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.