PADI Deep Diver
The lure of the deep. There's something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it's a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet. On wall dives, it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, if you wish to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
What will I do?
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you'll go over:
- Techniques for diving in the deeper range of 18-40 metres/ 60-130 feet
- Specialised deep diving equipment considerations
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Additional hazards and considerations for deep diving and planning including increased narcosis, managing your gas supply, and shorter no decompression limits
- Emergency decompression procedures
- Experience in planning, organising and making at least four deep dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
What scuba gear will I use?
Scuba Leeds will provide all your basic scuba diving equipment, including: mask, snorkel, fins, a single tank wing that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply, a wetsuit for pool use and drysuit and undersuit for your open water dives.
You'll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic dive gear. We also recommend a dive light and slate, and can suggest other gear appropriate for UK deep diving.
We strongly recommend that divers have, at a minimum, their own dive computer and torch, in addition to their own mask, fins and snorkel. Get in touch if you need any assistance in purchasing your own dive gear, we are happy to help!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
If you've earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you're at least 15 years old, you can enrol in the PADI Deep Diver course.
You will also be required to complete:
Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking these forms.
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
Please note: you will not be able to take part in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Deep Diver course, including eLearning and open water dives.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the open water dives only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.