Apeks RK3 HD Fins
The Apeks RK3 HD Fins are the same design as the popular Apeks RK3 Fins with additional increased stiffness for more power per fin stroke. The addition of a stronger polymer gives the diver a tougher material and improved performance. The combination of blade stiffness and increased rigidity of the fins increases efficiency per fins troke and lets you travel through the water faster with smaller fin strokes. Increased power, with less effort, what is not to like about that?
This design of blade evolved from the old school Rocket Fins. The concept came from a collaboration between Public Service Divers and the Apeks Commerical Team with a brief to create a tough, reliable fin to carry out their operations in even the most harsh scuba diving conditions.
Apeks RK3 HD Fins Solid Rubber Design
The solid rubber design has no joints or hinges to split or break. The compact vented design has been standard issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades and is popular with professional divers around the world. Made for the most rugged environments the RK3 is great for technical divers for pure reliability and cave divers from their compact design and transportability.
Two Hanging Loops
Hanging loops make storage on pegs easy and transport with karabiners capable without having to customise the blade.
This improves efficiency by reducing the resistance on your ankle on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke by channeling water by eliminating vortices along the back of the blade.
Apeks RK3 HD Features
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
- Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great maneuverability.
- Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
- The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures, and abuse.
- Two large grommet holes designed to fit most karabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
- Spring straps as standard.
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in an optimum position.
- Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary.
Note: The HD version looks exactly the same as the regular version. The only defining feature is a small number 70 inside the foot pocket.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.