PADI Tec 45
The PADI Tec 45 Diver course picks up where PADI Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course.
You’ll extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You’ll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
What will I do?
Your Tec 45 training consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues. You continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops. Plus, you learn to think like a technical diver.
During this course, you will learn:
• The skills, equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet.
• The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
• That the limits of your decompression are limited by the decompression gas you can carry.
• To prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
• To master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving.
• The correct scuba gear to use for a Tec 45 dive.
NOTE: You PADI Tec Course includes 4 days of Technical Diver training, materials and gases up to 40%. However as with all training courses, certification has to be earned. Most students will complete the course within the 4 days, however additional training beyond this will be charged on a per day basis.
What scuba gear will I use?
You’ll use full technical equipment technical, which includes wings and doubles plus an additional deco cylinder, or you may use a technical sidemount configuration sidemount. Your PADI Tec Instructor will explain the gear required for your tec diving adventures.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To enrol in the Tec 45 course, you must:
• Be a PADI Tec 40 diver
• Be a PADI Rescue Diver
• Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, with at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 10 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
• Be at least 18 years old
• Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
How do I start learning now?
You’ll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
• Tec diving lingo
• Emergency procedures
• Decompression and stage cylinder handling
• Gas planning
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack through the Tec 50 course.