Kwark Navy Tech Vest
The Kwark Navy Tech Vest, also known as the Navy Body Warmer, is intended for divers swimming in very cold waters, using laminated dry suits. The material was produced on special order from the U.S. Army Special Forces Divers, in order to meet all the required parameters for long-diving in cold waters. Thermally the Kwark Navy Tech Vest (Navy Body Warmer) is equivalent to traditional warmers based on Thinsulate weighing about 400 g / m. However, the Kwark Navy Tech Vest has many advantages, about which users of such conventional warmers can only dream of.
The technical bit:
- The primary advantage of the Kwark Navy Tech Vest is its flexibility. This is not a medieval knight armor with which thick warmers are associated with.
- It is very comfortable and gives you a full range of motion.
- It’s easy to put on a dry suit on and the vest doesn’t roll up.
- Provides very good airflow.
- It is very light, weighing less than 1.5 kg.
- Compared to conventional thermals this allows reducing the weight on your belt by 2kg.
- The Navy Tech Vest maintains great thermal comfort even when wet.
- Perfectly wicks sweat away from the body.
- It is very well impregnated anti-bacterially and does not smell.
- Dries up in a few hours (after complete flooding or washing).
- There is no limit to the number of washes, in addition, this can be spun-dried.
- Tailor-made durable flat seams provide comfort.
- It is soft and pleasant to the touch. It does scrub or irritate the ski
Kwark Sizing Guide
Below we provide size guides used at Kwark. In our chart, unisex sizes are described as XS, S, M, L, XL, and XXL. These clothes can be both for men and women.
If you look carefully at the different dimensions, you will notice that the height in larger women’s sizes is lower than in the corresponding unisex chart. In small sizes, the difference between the charts is less noticeable. However, the contrast becomes much more significant in larger sizes.
It is worth to take time and accurately measure yourself in order to find the right size. Kwark’s clothes last many years so it is important that they are well-fitted. A good fit is crucial in case of the Power Stretch clothes, especially if you want to take full advantage of the fabric properties.
Power Stretch clothes should be closely-fitted but without squeezing the body. It is a very flexible fabric so do not compare your body size or other clothing with flatly laid Power Stretch clothes. The dimensions will not be the same. Please trust our experience in this matter. We have been working with such flexible fabrics (like Power Stretch) for many years and we have already dressed thousands of users.
The dimensions given in the table represent body measurements, not clothing. It is important to accurately measure the body. In order to do it well, please use the silhouette forms here:
What the Team Say
The Scuba Leeds team have been using the Kwark Navy Undersuit, Kwark Navy Tech Vest and Kwark Navy Socks and have found them to offer superior warmth and flexibility. Many of the team commented that they were surprised how much warmer they were than with their previous undersuits. Furthermore, we also noticed that due to the material composition they were all able to reduce the amount of weight they used and had no issues with the undersuit getting caught in the dump valve allowing fast dumping of gas from their drysuit.
Big Thumbs Up from the Scuba Leeds Team.
Please note that these undersuits are made-to-order, so delivery is expected to take 2-3 weeks.