The Kwark Navy Tech Vest, also known as the?Navy Body Warmer, is intended for divers swimming in very cold waters, using laminated dry suits. The material was produced on special order from the U.S. Army Special Forces Divers, in order to meet all the required parameters for long-diving in cold waters. Thermally the Kwark Navy Tech Vest (Navy Body Warmer) is equivalent to traditional warmers based on Thinsulate weighing about 400 g / m. However the Kwark Navy Tech Vest has many advantages, about which users of such conventional warmers can only dream of.
Kwark Navy Tech Vest – The technical bit:
- The primary advantage of the Kwark Navy Tech Vest is its flexibility. This is not a medieval knight armor with which thick warmers are associated with.
- It is very comfortable and gives you a full range of motion.
- It’s easy to put on a dry suit on it, Kwark Navy Tech Vest doesn’t roll up
- Provides very good air flow.
- It is very light, weighing less than 1.5 kg.
- Compared to conventional warmers, allows reduce the ballast of at least 2 kg.
- The Navy Tech Vest maintains great thermal comfort even when wet.
- Perfectly wicks sweat away from the body.
- It is very well impregnated anti-bacterially and does not smell.
- Dries up in a few hours (after complete flooding or washing).
- There is no limit to number of washing, it can be spin-dried.
- Tailor-made durable flat seams provide comfort.
- It is soft and pleasant to the touch. It does scrub or irritate the skin.
The Scuba Leeds team have been using the Kwark Navy Undersuit, Kwark Navy Tech Vest and Kwark Navy Socks and have found them to offer superior warmth and flexibility. Many?of the team commented that they were surprised how much warmer they were than with their previous undersuits.?Indeed?we also noticed that due to the material composition they were all able to reduce the amount of weight they used and had no issues with the undersuit getting caught in the dump valve allowing fast dumping of gas from their drysuit.
Big Thumbs Up from the Scuba Leeds Team.