PADI Nitrox Diver
We've all been there. You're enjoying your dive, lost in your own peaceful world, and suddenly your computer beeps. You notice you've only got 3 minutes of no deco time left - time to come up.
The PADI Nitrox Diver (Enriched Air Diver) Specialty course is PADI's most popular specialty scuba diving course, and it's easy to see why. Diving nitrox lets you extend your bottom times. Additionally, it reduces your surface intervals on repetitive dives, giving you more time where you want to be - underwater!
This means more time underwater, especially on repetitive scuba dives. You can typically stay down longer and get back in the water sooner. No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty.
What will I do?
During the course you'll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations.
You will also learn:
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what's in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
- How to plan dives using enriched air and how to calculate your maximum depths, dive times, and optimal enriched air blends for any given depth
What scuba gear will I use?
Most modern scuba equipment and dive computers are suitable for enriched air. Your PADI Instructor will let you know if your gear meets manufacturer recommendations and local requirements. However, scuba tanks must meet oxygen service standards and be dedicated for use with enriched air. You'll practice using oxygen analysers and special cylinder decals. We will also explain about other equipment you may need to enjoy enriched air diving.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Enriched Air Diver Specialty course. Note that in some regions the minimum age is older than 12.
You will also be required to complete:
Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking these forms.
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Nitrox course, including eLearning and practical session.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the practical part of the course only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.