PADI Drysuit Diver
Want to stay warm and toasty on a dive? Then dive dry! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and keeps you warm, even in surprisingly cold water. By becoming a PADI Drysuit Diver, you can dive all year round, expand your boundaries and dive more places.
Drysuits also let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season. When you have the right cold water scuba diving attire, you can stand up to the elements and take advantage of the generally better visibility offered by winter months - especially at inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves etc. As a drysuit diver, you're equipped to scuba dive some of the most incredible dive sites in the world's cooler regions that are best enjoyed in a dry suit, even in warmer months.
Why should I do this course?
Once you have your PADI Drysuit Diver certification, not only will you have the knowledge and practice skills to dive safety in a drysuit, you will also be qualified to rent the suits. This certificate is ideal if you don't own your own drysuit yet, as it allows you to rent a drysuit to keep you diving all year round.
What will I do?Gain the knowledge and skills to safely don, dive with, doff and store a drysuit. Get introduced to the different types of suits so you can make a very informed decision if considering purchasing a drysuit. You learn:
- Drysuit buoyancy control skills
- Drysuit maintenance, storage and basic repair
- Undergarment (fleece or overall-type garments worn under the dry suit) options
You will also master the following skills:
- Dry Suit Familiarisation
- Safety Checks
- Entry Techniques
- Bubble Check
- Buoyancy Check
- Descent techniques
- Fin Pivot Hover
- Excess gas in feet emergency roll drill
- Stuck inflator emergency drill
- Stuck exhaust valve emergency drill
- Ascent procedure Remove and replace scuba unit and weight belt on the surface
- Exit techniques
- Removal of drysuit, storage and maintenance
Which option should I purchase?
The PADI Drysuit Diver Course includes the following:
The course is split into three segments:
- Digital Theory: This section includes facts, principles, and concepts about scuba diving in a drysuit
- Drysuit Orientation: This is completed in a confined water environment with swimming pool-like conditions in terms of clarity, calmness, and depth.
- Open Water Dives: This is the time to show your instructor what you have learned during the orientation in a real diving scenario
If you have purchased the PADI Drysuit Theory Online, then simply choose the Diving Only option above. If you have not, then you will need to purchase the full course option. The full course option includes the online theory as standard, so there if you book this option, the team will send your digital materials out to you.
What scuba gear will I use?
Scuba Leeds will provide all your basic scuba diving equipment, including: mask, snorkel, fins, a single tank wing that also carries your scuba tank, a scuba regulator to breathe from, instrumentation to monitor depth and air supply, a wetsuit for pool use and drysuit and undersuit for your open water dives.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
If you're at least 10 years old and certified as a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher, you can enrol in the PADI Drysuit Diver course.
You will also be required to complete:
Please ensure you are fit to dive by checking these forms.
If you answer YES to any of the questions on the PADI Medical Statement, you will need to get a medical physician to sign the form to confirm fitness to dive prior to any in-water activities.
Please note: you will not be able to take part in any pool or open water sessions without confirming your fitness to dive.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Drysuit Diver course, including eLearning and open water dives.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the open water dives only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
To check out our full selection of PADI specialties, click here!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.