Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to Divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a Divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You'll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you'll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organisation in the world - PADI.
What will I do?
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises. There are also training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skill set. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you'll expand your diving knowledge, hone your skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you'll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic realm.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialised skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Conduct a Search & Recovery and a Deep Dive scenario or gain the specialties
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What scuba gear will I use?
As a dive professional, you'll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices.
During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you'll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care(CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organisation may apply - ask your PADI Instructor.
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full PADI Divemaster course, including eLearning and practical sessions.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the practical sessions only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
- Required Materials: PADI Divemaster eLearning Enhancement Pack
How do I start?
The PADI Divemaster crewpak includes the PADI Divemaster manual, slates, PADI Instructor manual, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, Scuba Tune-up Guidebook, PADI Professional Log, DSD Cue Cards, PADI Pro Bag, PADI Divemaster Application package. There are other required materials and equipment that a Divemaster candidate will need but may have received them during other PADI programs.
Wondering what's next? Check out the PADI Assistant Instructor Course!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.