Emergency First Response
Discover simple to follow steps for emergency care. This course focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency.
First aid and CPR are important skills for anyone involved in adventure sports - just in case. Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specialises in teaching these lifesaving skills. Additionally, the skills taught in this course are for anyone, not just divers.
Emergency First Response training is all about learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain confidence; consequently, you will be prepared to help in an emergency.
EFR courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course, as well as all professional-level ratings. Interestingly, all PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors.
What will I do?
During the course you will learn:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
How do I start?
The course consists of independent study and skill practice with an instructor. Due to this, you will build the confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. Additionally, the Primary and Secondary Care Manual and video on DVD preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations.
In addition, you will receive an Emergency First Response Care at a Glance card. This card is a quick-reference guide for emergency situations. This card fits in a glove compartment or backpack. The Care at a Glance card is an important component for any first-aid or disaster preparedness kit.
Simply book on to the course online now!
What are the course options?
- Full course: This option is for the full Emergency First Response course, including eLearning and practical session.
- Upgrade from eLearning: This option includes the practical session only. Please only choose this option if you have already purchased the eLearning part of this course.
We would also strongly recommend completing the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider course in conjunction with the EFR course.
Want to teach EFR? Become an EFR Instructor with Scuba Leeds!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.