Apeks XTX40 Regulator
Although the Apeks XTX40 regulator is a mid-range regulator, it is still classed as a high-performance regulator in independent reviews. The XTX40 regulators come with all the features of the highly successful XTX50 with the exception of diver adjustable breathing resistance control.
The first stage has four low-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. Only the narrow exhaust tee is supplied with the regulator.
Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder setups.
It can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed configuration. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Braided flexible hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable. Suitable for coldwater use (below 10 C / 50 F). Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Use the DST first stage.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- There are two high-pressure ports and 4 medium pressure ports around the rotating turret to allow for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- An easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.