Apeks ATX DS4 Regulator
Before the XTX range of regulators came along, the ATX models ruled the seas. The Apeks ATX DS4 regulator is still available today and offers a fully balanced first and second stage with cold water capability (this means they can be used in all temperatures including those below 10 C / 50 F).
The Apeks ATX DS4 regulator is a high-performance regulator, which boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage. The smooth, quiet breath is sure to enhance your diving enjoyment. The Apeks ATX DS4 regulator is suitable for coldwater use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger. Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- This set uses the DS4 first stage
- It has a unique over-balanced, diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 4 LP ports are available.
- It has an environmental dry system that keeps water out of the main spring chamber, thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Available in DIN and yoke.
- The pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The large purge button on the ATX is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted freeflow at the surface.
- It has an extremely efficient exhaust valve, which improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee.