What Will I Do?
Snorkelling is the practice of swimming on or through a body of water while equipped with a diving mask, a shaped tube called a snorkel, and fins. This allows you to observe aquatic life up-close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The program teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination.
One of the best things about this program is that anyone can do it! There is no age limit and no prior experience is required.
What Will You Learn?
The PADI Discover Snorkelling experience teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use snorkelling equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkelling techniques, including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel, and finning and breathing techniques.
Your Learning Materials
Enrol in a course at Scuba Leeds, and get started. Ask your instructor about the PADI Discover the Underwater World video and companion piece – The Snorkeler’s Field Guide. Although not required for the experience, the video has great tips that will come in handy when you hit the water and the field guide covers different underwater environments along with common aquatic life.
Your Snorkelling Gear
The PADI Discover Snorkelling experience teaches you how to use basic equipment including a mask, snorkel, fins, and exposure protection like a wet suit as needed. Check with us here at Scuba Leeds about the gear you’ll need for this experience and get advice from PADI Professionals.
- Experience scuba with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Go a little deeper with the PADI Freediver course.