Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
What Will You Learn?
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- At least three navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation, including the use of straight-line bearings and reciprocal bearings, both with and without a map
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- Dive site relocation
- Techniques for estimating distance underwater
To purchase learning materials and equipment, contact us.
Underwater navigation is an important skill no matter what type of scuba diving you’re doing. It’s especially useful when completing the PADI Wreck Diver course or when you’re searching to recover a lost item underwater on the PADI Search & Recovery Diver course.