Discover Sidemount, that bit on the side of scuba diving. This is the ideal way for you to experience what sidemount diving has to offer. If you want to know more email [email protected] now and start your sidemount adventure today!
For those who have never heard about it before sidemount diving it means that your tank is no longer mounted on your back but under your arm aligned with your body. This configuration makes divers more streamlined and with much easier access to the tank it gives divers quicker response to diving emergencies too. The good thing about Discover Sidemount is that any certified diver can try it before committing to the full course. The Discover Sidemount experience lets you try scuba equipment in shallow water and get a quick introduction of the basic skills and principles involved.
What Will I Do?
During the experience you will be introduced to some of the benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration in our 5.5m diving pool. You will:
- Learn what wearing sidemount diving equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
- Find out what it's like to switch between cylinders to keep them trimmed underwater.
- Get introduced to the basic safety skills and drills you will carry out when you go on to complete the PADI Sidemount Diver course.
Your Scuba Gear
All the sidemount equipment you will use is included in the Discover Sidemount experience. We do not include basic equipment such as mask, snorkel and fins as standard, however this can be arranged. We provide you with a Hollis SMS Katana sidemount system, two Ali 80 cylinders, two sidemount regulators and weights.
Are you fit to dive?
Please check out the PADI Medical Statement (this will be emailed upon booking) and if you answer YES to any of the medical statements, give us a call. This may not mean you are unable to dive, just that you need a doctor to confirm you are fit to dive.
How much does it cost?
We offer a couple of options for the PADI Discover Sidemount experience, these are as follows:
Standard Discover Sidemount - £50
- This is completed in a day (usually a Saturday) and includes an introduction to scuba diving and a shallow pool dive.
Deluxe Discover Scuba Diving - £95
- This is completed over two sessions (usually a Thursday & Saturday) and includes an introduction to sidemount diving our 5.5m pool dive & 1 open water dive.
Sidemount Diver Course - £295
- This is completed over two evenings & a full days (usually a Weds, Thurs evenings and Friday or Saturday day).
Once you complete a Discover Scuba Diving program, you'll want to check out one of the following options: