Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, aeroplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
The fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognises that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
– Techniques for diving and exploring shipwrecks
– How to avoid common hazards and risks
– How to research and learn the background of your favourite wrecks
– Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
– Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
– How to communicate inside a wreck including the use and signalling of dive lights
– How to safely use a spool to navigate inside a wreck, and how to follow a buddy’s previously-laid line
– Specialised finning techniques to avoid silt disturbance
– Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.