Losing something at home is annoying, whether it’s your car keys or wallet! Losing something whilst diving… Well that’s a whole new ball game. The PADI Search and Recovery Course will teach you the skills to search and locate lost objects underwater and then how to bring them to the surface safely.
Your instructor will help you become comfortable with a number of search patterns suitable for searching in different visibilities, situations and conditions and teach you how to effectively rig a lift bag and bring your found objects to the surface in a safe and controlled manner. The fun part of this course is learning new, detailed and specific techniques and how to react in various different search and recovery scenarios.
– Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
– How to locate large and small objects using at least four different search patterns
– How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
– How to tie at least three different knots underwater
– Limited visibility search techniques