There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. It takes a little getting used to – after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that. But after a few minutes, most participants realise how easy and fun scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Discover Scuba Diving program is coaxing the students out of the pool at the end of the session! It’s all fun!
You’ll learn the basics you need to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. One thing you’ll learn is that you really can breathe underwater and whether you like doing that or not.
– Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it.
– Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable there.
– Learn some basic skills and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step.
All the equipment you will need is typically included in a Discover Scuba Diving experience. We include some dive gear you may have tried before including a mask, snorkel and fins. We include a buoyancy jacket (BCD) that also carries your scuba tank, a regulator to breathe from and gauges to your air supply. You will also wear a wetsuit to keep you warm during your dive.
Please check out the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Medical Statement (below) and if you answer YES to any of the medical statements, give us a call. This may not mean you are unable to dive, just that you need a doctor to confirm you are fit to dive. PADI Discover Scuba Diving – Medical Statement. Then simply click the BOOK ME A SPACE button to get on the next available session.
We offer a couple of options for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, these are as follows:
Standard Discover Scuba Diving – £30
– This is completed in a day (usually a Saturday) and includes an introduction to scuba diving and a shallow pool dive.
Deluxe Discover Scuba Diving – £55
– This is completed over two days (usually a Saturday & Thursday evening ) and includes an introduction to scuba diving, a shallow pool dive & a 5.5m pool dive.
Platinum Discover Scuba Diving – £99
– This is completed over two days (usually a Saturday & Thursday evening), includes two dives (a shallow pool dive a 5.5m pool dive) and a mask & snorkel for you to keep after your dive.
|Next Step:||Open Water||Freediver|